Massage Therapy and Acupuncture Services
Do you have sore muscles, body aches, or extra stress that are bothering you? At Crystal City Massage in Arlington, VA, we offer massage therapy and acupuncture services to benefit you when you are feeling pain. Our experienced massage therapists and acupuncturist work together to promote healing, relieve pain, and reduce stress. To help you understand and choose the best treatment, here are some information about our services.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage is an ancient healing technique used for thousands of years in oriental and Ayurvedic medicine that has gained ground in western medicine over the years. The theories behind massage have to do with energy flow and balance in the body.
Your massage appointment will be 10 minutes less so that you can have five minutes to disrobe at the beginning and 5 minutes to get dress at the end of the session. The actual time of the massage varies according to the treatment. Our massage services include:
- Sports Massage– Helps relieve pain from common sports injuries.
- Deep Tissue Massage– Firm pressure and slow strokes are applied to reach tissues well below the surface.
- Hot Stone Massage– Heated stones, often marble, are placed at specific body points or rubbed on the skin.
- Orthopedic Massage– Focused on soft tissue rehabilitation after an injury such as auto accident.
- Myofascial Release– Used to relieve connective tissue restrictions.
- Prenatal Massage– Relieves pregnancy-induced back pain and promotes an easier delivery.
- Lymphatic Drainage– Decreases lymph fluid build-up.
- Gua Sha Massage– Scraping the skin with a special tool.
- Thai Massage– The use of compression, pulling, rocking, and stretching.
- Swedish Massage– Primarily for relaxation.
What is Acupuncture?
In traditional Chinese medicine, energy flow is the basic element of health. When energy is blocked because of injury, stress, or disease, people become unhealthy. Acupuncture and the closely related discipline of acupressure targets meridians, through which the energy flows. Our acupuncture services include:
- Needle Acupuncture– Sterile stainless steel or gold needles are placed in specific areas known as acupoints.
- Cupping– Heated suction cups are used to remove toxins, reduce inflammation, and improve blood flow.
- Laser Therapy– Low-intensity lasers are used to stimulate acupoints.
In addition to the services listed above, we also offer aromatherapy. Essential oils have been used for hundreds if not thousands of years to help people relax, support the immune system, promote healing, and improve the function of various organs and body systems. For example, lavender is soothing, peppermint stimulates, and tea tree oil battles fungus infections.
Whether you want to relax, heal after an injury, or promote overall wellness, massage therapy and acupuncture can be beneficial. Please contact Crystal City Massage in Arlington, Virginia by calling (571) 970-6551 to schedule an appointment with our massage therapists or acupuncturist.